BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chapter 9

1.      Describe Katniss’ interview attire and training? What affect do you think it had on the audience?

Katniss was wearing a long kind of gown designed with fire and filled with jewels and her arms were painted with lines. The dress is really heavy. Also half flames on her 20 perfect nails. Training wasn’t well because it sounded like Haymitch and Effie didn’t really like her anymore. I think the audience liked her answers.
2.      How does Haymitch and Cinna ask Katniss to behave?

Haymitch and Cinna ask Katniss to to be herself because they couldn’t really find her a personality trait. Cinna also says to pretend you talking to a friend to make it more relaxing and so she won’t feel stressed.
3.      What do we discover about Peeta during his interview?

We discovered that peeta likes Katniss for a couple of years already. He says that she has many admirers.
Quotes
"'People are intrigued, but no one knows who you are. The impression you make tomorrow will decide exactly what I can get you in terms of sponsors,' says Haymitch." pg116
"A plump person is envied because they aren't scraping by like the majority of us. But here it is different. Wrinkles aren't desirable.  A round belly isn't a sign of success." pg125
"Petta sighs.’Well, there is this one girl. I've had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I'm pretty sure she didn't know I was alive until the reaping.’.... Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. 'Because... because... she came here with Me.” pg130
“Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what's her name?' says Caesar. Peeta sighs. 'Well, there is this one girl. I've had a crush on her since I can remember. But I'm pretty sure she didn't know I was alive until the reaping." pg130

0 comments: