BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chapter 8

1.     What do the scores in the trainings mean to the tributes? What scores do Peeta and Katniss receive?

The scores are how good the tribute is at their skill. For example Katniss is good at using the bow and arrow and she got an 11. Peeta was good at lifting heavy stuff and he got an 8. The higher the score the more sponsors want you, but if you get a low score they won’t really want you and you probably be saved to be killed for last.
2.     How did Katniss and Gale meet? Describe their story.

Katniss was only 12 when she met Gale in the woods. She couldn’t really hunt that well and she came across a lot of hanging dead bunnies. She thought that they weren’t anyone’s so she was about to get them when gale comes and scares her. He was only a couple of years older than her but he already looked like a man. She had remembered him because his dad also died in the mining explosion.

Quotes
“Now I've ruined everything! If I’d stood even a ghost of a chance, it vanished when I sent that arrow flying at the Gamekeepers. What will they do to me now? Arrest me? Execute me? Cut my tongue and turn me into an Avox so I can wait on the future tributes of Panem?"  pg 103
"Now I'm sure I'll have the lowest score of the twenty-four. If no one sponsors me, my odds of staying alive decrease to almost zero." pg 105
"I shot an arrow at them. Not exactly at them. In their direction. It's like Peeta said, I was shooting and they were ignoring me and i just... I just lost my head, so i shot an apple out of their stupid roast pig's mouth!" pg 106

"That was the first time I ever saw him smile. It transformed him from someone menacing to someone you wished you knew. But it took several months before I returned that smile." pg 111

0 comments: