BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 13, 2010

Chapter 3


1. Who comes to say goodbye to Katniss? List.


The first people to say goodbye to Katniss are her mother and her little sister prim. Then Gale comes to say his goodbyes. Then Madge comes after to visit her and give her, her pin. Even Peeta’s dad comes to visit Katniss.

2. What does Madge give Katniss as a gift? What significance does it have?


Madge gives Katniss her golden pin. The golden pin is a little bird inside a circle. The pin is significant because the little bird is a Mocking jay. The mocking jay is a combination of a jabber jay which was created to spy on the enemies. The enemy was feeding then lies so the just let them out to die. The jabber jays didn’t die and they mated with birds. In plus her father was fond of the mocking jay’s.

3. What instructions does Katniss leave for her mother?


Katniss tells her mother to not leave like she did when her father had died. She also tells her to take care of prim no matter what happens. She also says to stay strong for herself and prim

4. What act of kindness does Peeta’s dad show to Katniss? How do you think this man might have influenced his son?


Peeta’s dad gives Katniss some cookies. Then he reassures her that he will take care of prim. He gave Peeta well manners unlike his mother.

5. What advice does Gale give Katniss about surviving the games?


Gale tells Katniss to get her hands on bows and arrows because that’s her specialty.
<---- Gale on the left


Quotes

“I won't! You know I won't! Katniss remember I… he says, and they yank us apart and slam the door and I'll never know what he wanted me to remember.” pg.40

“You can't leave again,” pg.35

"Really, really try. I swear it I say. And I know because of Prim I have to." Pg 36

"Katniss, it's just hunting, you’re the best hunter I know said Gale” pg 41

0 comments: